Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Present Time

Hello,
I am working on my Master's Degree right now at Montana Tech of the University of Montana. My focus is Industrial Hygiene. I am really enjoying this field of study, the material I learn is very applicable.
I am really enjoying my Radiological Health & Safety and Noise classes. I think that in the future I'm going to stear away from Ergonomics...I don't like the fact that there isn't really anything set in stone. There are only guidelines as to what is acceptable at the present time. There's no regulations that really enforce a guideline to lifting, sitting at a desk, etc.... I enjoy doing Air Sampling and am really excited for the Sampling class next semester.
I've had experience as a Safety Chairperson at Lumbermen's in McCall, Idaho. Lumbermen's is a lumber retail store that deals with carpenters and general cutomers. While there I delt with Fire Extinguishers, Vehicle Safety, Railing Safety, yard clean-up, Monthly Safety Meetings, HAZMAT Training, EXIT signs, EXITs, and other safety matters.
I recently got some more experience, but this time it was as a Safety Officer with ENVIROCON at the Milltown Dam Project in Milltown, Montana. I was in charge of Air Sampling (VOCs, O2, H2S, LEL, CO, As, Cu, and Pb), Noise Monitoring, Congestion Control, Safety Orientations, Tours, Fall Protection, Fire Extinguishers, OSHA Regulations, MSDS compilation and updating, Safety Observations, Safety Lunches, and many other safety matters.

No comments: